The Last BeeGee: Barry Gibb's emotional interview

 


The emotional moment


LJD Manx Fella : 

As a childhood friend of all three of the lads (Andy hadn't been born), I keep trying to get to the end of this interview without being in floods of tears. Not least because I know Barry was just 100% Barry throughout the whole interview. No ego, no heirs and graces. Just a mate whose "job" was to write and sing songs with his brothers. It's hard... I mean really hard, to see him surrounded by his big, beautiful family, yet at the same time, he feels like a man alone without Mo and Rob around. I know from personal experience, that the worst thing about getting older, isn't creaking bones, gaining a few extra pounds, or losing your hair. No. The worst thing (by far) is losing family members and lifetime friends who all played a part in making you the person you ultimately become. Sorry to be so downbeat, but that's just how I feel today. May your God bless you, whoever and wherever you are today x.


Michael B : 

My cousin used to tutor Barry and Linda's kids at their home for years. He got to know the family, and even met his brothers before they passed. Most humble celebrities on the earth in my opinion. He still gets an Xmas card from them every year.